FPA is hiring! (Download PDF here)
Community Engagement Coordinator Job Description
The Freeway Park Association (FPA) has been a community steward to Freeway Park since 1993. In partnership with the Seattle Parks Department, FPA works to raise funds and provide programming for Seattle’s largest and most iconic downtown park.
FPA seeks to hire a seasonal part-time Community Engagement Coordinator from May-September 2017 to serve as an ambassador to Park visitors, oversee day-to-day activities, facilitate special programs and events and assist our Executive Director in building relationships with our partners. (Schedule varies +/- 30 hours per week.)
- Manage FPA social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to update and engage online communities in Park events.
- Manage book cart volunteers, buskers, daily program partners and members of the public to ensure a positive park experience for everyone. Serve as a concierge to park visitors– help with directions and other questions as needed.
- Oversee set-up and breakdown of any daytime events or activations, including book carts, tables/chairs, canopies and PA system.
- Oversee set-up and breakdown of special events on some evenings and weekends.
- Collect data and observations on park usership and events for grant reporting purposes.
- Communicate with Seattle Parks Dpt. to report issues, cleanups and facility problems.
- Coordinate with Park Rangers, SPD, private security entities and human service partners to ensure that vulnerable groups present in the parks are addressed in a humanitarian and compassionate manner while ensuring the safety of the Park.
- Assist Executive Director in the development of community outreach strategies, ie: user survey, event advertising, newsletter creation, partnership development etc.
- Assist Executive Director in the management of the Urban Parks Partnership with Seattle Parks and Recreation including representing FPA at meetings, presentations etc.
- Assist Executive Director and FPA Board with management of Neighborhood Street Fund and Small and Simple grants for Finding Freeway Park
Qualifications and Details:
- Interest in community building, urban public space activation and /or landscape architecture/urban design.
- Experience working with the public ie: events, food service, customer service etc.
- Must be a self-starter and be comfortable working independently. Must be comfortable with a flexible work schedule and deliverables.
- Must be able to life 25 lbs. and be comfortable being on your feet for multiple hours at a time.
- Must be willing to work outside regardless of weather conditions.
- Must be a true “people person,” comfortable talking to small groups, individuals, and potential partners.
- Familiarity with the Adobe Suite, graphic design elements, photography and WordPress are a plus.
+ Send Resumes with Letter of Interest and three Professional References to – firstname.lastname@example.org with Concierge/Engagement Coordinator in the subject line.